Thursday, January 21, 2010

Leaving

So, I have been thinking about leaving. I have been putting off thinking too deeply on that for fear that I will spend the next couple months with the sadness of leaving overshadowing the joy of the new adventure. This is something we have dreamed of doing for more than ten years, so to have it nearly upon us is beyond amazing. But, at the same time, my breath catches every time I think of leaving my children, my mom, my sisters, and my brother for such a long period of time. To envision the actual saying of goodbye already makes me teary if I think on it for too long. Can I not quietly slip out of the country with no one noticing? I will just have to make sure I have my hankies in my pocket when I board the plane. And hope that by the time we are over Colorado my broken heart will be singing Caledonia in full roar.

Dreaming of a quiet moment in the Cathedral, followed by a G&T at the Eagle . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment